Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
The global Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences industry is changing. Trends include:
- A diversification in global drug spending - According to the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics, The USA's share of drug spending is set to decline from 41% in 2006, to 31% in 2016, primarily due to patent expiries.
- Rapid growth in Generics - although brand spending in worldwide developed markets is being adversely affected by patent expirations, the clear winner is the Generics sector, which will actualize savings of circa $106 Billion between 2012 and 2017, by systematically introducing low - cost alternatives to branded drugs.
- An aging workforce - the trend, whereby the percentage of over 50's working in the science sector grew from 20% in 1993 to 33% by 2010. Many are now coming towards retirement.
- A shift in the leading R&D spenders – currently, the USA spends the most on R&D. However, according to the OECD Science, Technology & Industry Outlook 2014, China may lead by 2020.
- A shift in the countries of origin for Life Sciences Patent Co – Operation Treaty applications. Whilst North America and Europe continue to dominate, with 41% and 31% of total applications
respectively, the volume of applications originating in countries like China, Russia, Japan, Mexico and Brazil is growing.
The above trends mean a continuing demand for personnel with specific skills that are in short supply overall and, perhaps, not always readily available in the locations where they are needed.
Accutor's value proposition to (i) Corporations with activities in, (ii) Agencies that recruit in and (iii) Contractors that work in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences sector is:
- We can help you be globally mobile via our 60+ Accutor Management Companies, as well as Accutor Work Permit & Business Visa Services and Accutor Immigration Consultancy Services.
- We can increase the take - home pay of high - earners in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences sector via Accutor Tax Optimization Services.
- Since we have a strong presence, language skills, qualified lawyers and tax consultants as well as Labour Leasing Licenses in advanced Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences sector economies, such as Switzerland, Germany, and France, as well as in the fastest growing/ "emerging" Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences nations, we are well placed to help you!
Sub Verticals Served
- Clinical Research
- Medical Devices
- Medical Patents & Legal
- Generic Medicines
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Hospitals & Healthcare